Title: Accounting & Payroll Manager
Reports to: Principal
What’s the Position
Catterall & Wright has an opportunity for a full-time Accounting & Payroll Manager to join our engineering firm. The successful candidate will possess experience and manage a variety of accounting, payroll and project accounting functions.
- Adaptable, dependable and can demonstrate initiative.
- Team player, who can also work independently.
- Champions integrity, and trust.
- Delivers quality work on time, in an efficient manner with a high level of accuracy.
- Excellent attention to detail, organizational and record-keeping skills.
- Prepare bank reconciliations.
- Maintain general ledgers and financial statements.
- Process accounts payable.
- Manage accounts receivable.
- Monitor work in progress and initiate client invoicing process.
- Prepare manual/EFT payments, cheque runs and month-end summaries.
- Prepare and perform all bank deposits.
- Monitor company/department financial transactions.
- Prepare statistical, financial and accounting reports.
- Calculate fixed assets and depreciation.
- Assist with and/or perform audits (internal and external).
- Prepare and file PST, GST and Corporate taxes.
- Ensure organization is compliant with current taxation legislation.
- Develops and responsible for the organization accounting protocol.
- Administer WCB account, insurances, etc.
- Source/process funding and or grants through various student work placement programs.
- Collecting, and review timesheets and expenses.
- Administers the preparation, calculations and disbursements of payroll, deductions, T4’s, ROE’s, including wages, bonus payments, overtime, vacations/any leaves, stat pay, remittances for source deductions, benefit premiums, group RRSP contributions, tax deductions, etc.
- Train and educate employees on the use of project management software; project status, time allocation, dashboards, etc.
Who We Are Looking For
- Minimum five (5) years’ accounting related experience including a minimum of two (2) years payroll experience with an Engineering, Architectural or Construction firm.
- Any experience with Deltek Ajera would be considered an asset.
- Comfortable using Microsoft, PDF software, QuickBooks.
- Knowledge of federal and jurisdictional tax application.
- Good understanding of accounting and payroll standards and policies.
Why Join Catterall & Wright
Catterall & Wright has an inclusive and welcoming team atmosphere with many resources and supports to develop new team members, including job training, mentoring and coaching. We employ a growing full-time staff of 30 with seasonal staff joining our team as needed.
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities.
- A safe and healthy work environment.
- Work-life balance.
- Active social committee.
- Great Group Benefits Plan with Health Spending Account.
- RRSP Plan.
What to Do Now
Interested applicants should submit by email to firstname.lastname@example.org their cover letter with salary expectations and include your resume outlining skills, experience, interests and references. Subject line must reference “Accounting & Payroll Manager”.
Thank you to everyone who applies; however, only selected candidates will be contacted. Offers of employment may require satisfactory Security Background Checks, Reference Checks, Drivers Abstracts and Drug Testing when deemed necessary.
Check out our website or Facebook for more information on who we are! If you’re looking for a challenge with valuable experience, this is the place for you.